Building A New Home
Building a Home can be one of the most satisfying -- or aggravating -- activities of a lifetime. Your home should fit the way you live, with spaces and features that appeal to the whole family. Apply for a mortgage loan from Guaranty Bank. We want to help you build your dream home!
Once you start planning your new home, there are so many things to consider - so many choices to make. How many bedrooms should you have? Is the kitchen large enough? What layout works best?
- Get Pre-Approved: Pre-approval is a guarantee from the lender for a specified mortgage loan amount. Getting pre-approved will assist you in the financial planning of your new home by establishing how much you can afford to spend. Call Guaranty Bank at (319) 286-6200 to get pre-approved over the phone!
- Meet with Builders: Arrange for an appointment with a reputable custom builder. Discuss possible floor plans and lot considerations to meet your needs.
- Locate Property: Work with area Realtors or property owners to find a residential lot. Evaluate locations based on your lifestyle and personal preferences.
- Select your Home: Choose your floor plan of your new home and specify interior and exterior finishes.
- Order Blue Prints: The prints are a working set of drawings needed for a detailed quote. They're also used for the actual construction of your new home.
- Request a Quote: Quotes are detailed prices based on your blue print and specifications. This will be the basis for your financing and construction contracts.
- Secure Financing: Meet with your Guaranty Bank lender to complete financing arrangements. Your pre-approval will greatly assist with securing a mortgage loan.
- Sign Contract: Contact your builder to sign the contract! The contact will spell out the details of the process to ensure everyone is properly informed.
- Start Building Your New Home!
Take the First Steps
To get pre-approved for your mortgage loan, call Guaranty Bank at (319) 286-6200. To learn more about building a home, or if you are interested in starting the process contact one of our mortgage lenders